I (sometimes) call myself Mr. Pondersome. I'm a rather wordy, weirdy person. I say hullo a lot. I write a lot more. While you're here, why not give some of it a read?

Tuesday 22 February 2011

"Among the Magpies" Part 1 - A GIRL

            It’s not every day that I see her. So when I do, I’m about to fly. A sudden burst of wings, a flutter of black then white, then I’m away. Like those magpies that lurk round the bushes. Three of them, there were. As far as I could see anyway.
            They were there when she came up from the station. She was on the phone, that tiny pink phone of hers, and grinning.
            She shouted “Oh my God!” and I shrank. I’m not flying anymore, I’m spitting feathers and they won’t settle. They just won’t.
            She’s gone now. Gone with that little soft giggle of hers. Gone with that little pretty mouth of hers. The lips. The tongue. Tasty.
            I kicked the bushes. Wings flapped and started. Why should they be happy? Damn birds. Damn wings.

2 comments:

  1. One wonders why you ever bothered with the sci-fi anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Tis a labour of love. Plus, I find that this sort of writing takes me to a rather dark place, with absolutely no sign of a light switch :P.

    ReplyDelete