I (sometimes) call myself Mr. Pondersome. I'm a rather wordy, weirdy person. I say hullo a lot. I write a lot more. While you're here, why not give some of it a read?

Wednesday 23 February 2011

"Among the Magpies" Part 2 - JOY

She asked me for a light. She smokes and she turned to me for her cravings. I’d give her one, but my hands are empty. I don’t smoke.
            “Sorry.”
            “S’alright.”
            But I would for her. I’d light up. I’d light up this paper-thin world for that smooth face, that whispery laugh. A flame for every day I’ve crossed her path. Unnoticed. I’d burn and take it all. Just for her.
            A pair of birds danced and squabbled overhead. I remember wondering where the third had got to.
            “Okay...um, well, thanks anyway. See you around some time. Maybe.”
            Absolutely. Next time, I’ll bring a lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment