I (sometimes) call myself Mr. Pondersome. I'm a rather wordy, weirdy person. I say hullo a lot. I write a lot more. While you're here, why not give some of it a read?

Thursday 3 October 2019

I STOOD ON A HOLE AND OTHER ODD-DATED POEMS (a.k.a. Happy National Poetry Day!)

I STOOD ON A HOLE (2019)

I stood on a hole

because I'm told
on the hole
everything is fine.
It all works out.
Positive.

Except on this hole

the bottom fell out
and now
it's got me down...


GUNFIRE? FIREWORK? (2017)

Gunfire?

Firework?
Work out
outdoors.
Doors close:
close call.
Call cops,
cop out.
Outlast
last night.
Night scares:
scares you.
You hand
handgun.
Gunfire?
Firework?


BLOSSOM GOSSAMER (2015)


Got some blossom gossamer,

bought some blossom gossamer
for those blossom-gossamer-loving
fools.

'Cos there is nothing awesome as

a big old blossom gossamer
atop that foursome's boss Amir's
stools.


WE MAKE ALTERATIONS (2013)

the pillow slips

the duvet covers
the curtain rails
the carpet rolls
the bedside lights
the window blinds

a deal on sheets

and memory foams.


UNWRAPPING TIME (2011)

TIME is an envelope...TIME is not the card.

TIME is a curtain...TIME is not the art.
TIME is a coat...TIME is not the skin.
TIME is all without...TIME is not within.

No comments:

Post a Comment