I (sometimes) call myself Mr. Pondersome. I'm a rather wordy, weirdy person. I say hullo a lot. I write a lot more. While you're here, why not give some of it a read?

Monday 23 February 2015

REJECT IF CENTRE BUTTON CAN BE DEPRESSED - Introduction (a.k.a. Found Poems from Fifteen Minutes in the Canned Goods Section of Four Supermarkets)

I got this title from the lid of a jar of pickled onions.

I thought of supermarkets, the mad and sometimes brilliant things you hear other customers say whilst passing up and down the aisles. I thought of the canned goods aisle in particular. 

The next shopping day I hovered around the canned goods aisle of a famous British supermarket which I will refer to as Orange to prevent any possible libel trouble. Having picked up a sequence of fascinating conversational snippets I redesigned them into a found poem. 

I did this for three other supermarkets: Yellow, Blue and Green. The quality of the stuff I picked up within my fifteen minute allocations varied but I think it's all just about worthy.

I present it to you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment