I (sometimes) call myself Mr. Pondersome. I'm a rather wordy, weirdy person. I say hullo a lot. I write a lot more. While you're here, why not give some of it a read?

Sunday 27 November 2011

"Free Stuff" Introduction (a.k.a. My New Cut-and-Stick Hobby/Minor Addiction)

The next three posts will deal with another piece I've done for Experimental Writing, namely my portfolio project. It is called "Free Stuff": a diary featuring randomly picked words torn and cut out from a wide variety of flyers, brochures, catalogues and even newspapers.
The essence of the project is to take interesting words and phrases wasted on cheap easy advertisement, and to transfer them into more poetic streams of consciousness. This is done on a daily basis by me, wherein I stick my hand into a big bowl of verbs, nouns and adjectives and leave it entirely up to chance as to what I pull out. Of course some personal creative input is required to help make the sentences better structured, but all the words I pick at random are used in the final piece.
The following posts are just a few examples of particularly good entries plucked out from the diary as a whole (i.e. the ones I have successfully scanned in). I'll leave it up to you to decide what each of them mean. I can guarantee at least one of you will have a completely different interpretation from the rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment