I (sometimes) call myself Mr. Pondersome. I'm a rather wordy, weirdy person. I say hullo a lot. I write a lot more. While you're here, why not give some of it a read?

Sunday 13 October 2013

NEWS!!!

Hullo all,

Just a quick post filled with links and name drops.

I have recently been published in the latest issue of Stories from Songs which you should be able to find here. This e-zine publishes exactly what it says, short fiction inspired from songs. Mine is called The Long White Car and was inspired by The Ballad of Lucy Jordan, as written by the immortal Shel Silverstein and performed by Dr Hook & the Medicine Show and then Marianne Faithfull. I highly recommend both versions of the song.

Also, if that wasn't enough, the original version of Speculation Surrounding the Yellow Rucksack Sisters is going to be appearing in the next issue of Antizine by the Edinburgh Antisocial Writers Group. The theme is circuses and, yes, I did write the story to specification. There is a launch event coming up which I may be reading at too. The details are forthcoming so I'll let you know what's happening as soon as I know. I have been reliably informed though that it will be somewhere in Scotland. Dunno where.

And finally I will be posting a Halloween story on Halloween night. All I'll say for now is that it will feature trains and construction workers...

Have a good'un,

Mr Pondersome

No comments:

Post a Comment