I (sometimes) call myself Mr. Pondersome. I'm a rather wordy, weirdy person. I say hullo a lot. I write a lot more. While you're here, why not give some of it a read?

Saturday 24 March 2012

Two Micro Stories and a Tongue Twister (a.k.a. Some Iddy Biddy Things to Keep You Going Whilst I'm Doing Goodness Knows What...)

Hullo all,

I'll keep this blog post short and sweet, mostly because that's all I have to offer at the moment (well, the short part is true for definite). I'm speedily careening towards the end of my third and final year of university and, whilst I'm not overloaded with essays and deadlines just yet, I am awfully busy sorting other stuff out. Tying up loose ends, and what not.

Anyway, in an admittedly feeble attempt to sustain your interest, I give you some creative things that I've recently been sketching out in my daybook. Don't worry, they've been spruced up, given suitable titles and everything.
The first two thingamajigs are what I guess you'd call flash fiction or micro stories. They started off as ideas for a 36-word micro story competition entry, but they didn't quite cut the mustard. The first is called "Lovers" (pretty self-explanatory, really) and the second is entitled "Musical Darkness" (you'd think the same but actually...no).
The third thing is a tongue-twister I've recently discovered (during a Language and Music lecture of all things). Go forth and try it out on your family, friends and neighbours, but do be careful. It has a rather biting, citrus-y twist...

Anyway, that's enough of the jibber. Time for the jabber:


LOVERS

She stirred his tea, wondering why she was even here.
He stroked her spare hand, wondering why she wasn't.
The ring winked away the morning and faded into afternoon.


MUSICAL DARKNESS

Stood beside myself, I began to play the lute. For some reason I was the only one who could.
Fingers wiped clean on a trouser leg, I feebly plucked the string.
Blackness fell. Pieces slammed together.


A RATHER FRUITY TONGUE TWISTER

'The origins of oranges.'


I'll be back soon. Promise(ish).

Thanks for reading,

Mr. Pondersome

No comments:

Post a Comment